Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I have never been so amazed. The room was huge, with a sunken Jacuzzi tub, tv, stocked refer., etc. Of course it did have mirrors all around the bed and on the ceiling above the bed, and there were condoms on every conceivable spot in the room. There was a deadbolt on the inside of the door, so I locked it, piled my suitcases in front of the door and laid down ON the bed. Didn’t bother to pull back the sheets.
After lying there for awhile waiting for Lurch or Freddie to barge in, I got up and looked around. Weirdest thing was a square “box” on one wall. It had a door about 2’ X 2’. I opened it and it was like looking into a box, except the top was open. I put my head in and looked out the top - it opened into an alley?
I finally realized that if anyone in this room wanted something - now you can let you mind wander as to what that something might be - they called on the phone and it was delivered from the alley. There was no way any deliveries were going to be made through all those steel doors. I balanced a glass ashtray on top of the little door and went to sleep. Oh, I did take a wine bottle out of the refer and set it by the bed - only weapon I could find.
At 6:30 the next morning I was dressed and ready to go when I heard the steel door being opened. They had a taxi waiting for me at the office.
I will let Joeline tell you about our return trip, with the dog.

1 comment:

Amy Holly said...

As I was reading your blog, I could hear your voice. You always told good stories. I hope this finds you doing well.
I would love to connect with one of your 2nd grade teachers to start a 'global' project. Send me a message on facebook if you think this would be possible.
Take care,
Amy Holly