Monday, February 15, 2010

I am trying to post these pictures - it is still Carnaval here - it lasts for about a month but is supposed to be over tomorrow. Anyway, I just had to go outside to bring my car into our "walled house". The neighbors are having a huge party, of course. Big fire in the middle of the street, music, lots of drinking, etc. When I went out they grabbed me and insisted I have a drink with them. The traditional drink here is Singani, mixed with Sprite (Seven Up, whatever) So, they hand me - the Gringo a huge glass filled to the brim. I downed it in one drink. They loved it, we talked for a few minutes - me no Spanish, them no English. Lot of fun and gestures. Then I insisted I had to go inside, so they insisted I take one more drink, this time the glass was filled to the brim with straight Singani - so I downed it. They didn't know they were dealing with a Wieburg. White Lightning, Tequila, straight Jack, none of it phases us. Only thing that will get me tipsy is Wine, isn't that weird?
I went inside and got a bottle of Singain out of my cabinet and took it out to them. I then closed and locked the gate.
I figure the neighbors here can do us a lot of good - or harm, like anywhere, and it is best to be in good with them.

In case you missed it, Joeline and I have moved out of the ninth floor apartment and moved into a large seven bedroom, five bathroom house. All so Joeline and the Maltese can have a yard.
We are really enjoying it, great views, etc.
Joeline was supposed to post pictures, but she is too busy feeding her fish on facebook, so guess I will have to do it.

No comments: