Monday, April 5, 2010

I know we are jumping around with the pictures and the stories,
but that is because I am doing the posting not Carl.
Below is a picture of a marsh full o f water plants that Gino,
our captain drove the small swamp boat thru. The plants went
on forever and were very thick. He somehow managed to guide
the boat thru. Of course we picked up passengers along the way.
A red crab that was exactly like a sea crab in color and looks.
Plus this cute little vibrant green frog. Yes I am holding
the frog, I would rather hold the caiman than the frog.
I just really do not like frogs but I did it for Jody!

We had a film crew with us on this day, they were filming
for a documentary. Lots of wildlife out for them
so I know they got lots of material for their film.
They had agreed to send us some of their pictures,
so we may have some really good photos to share
with you later.

The fried fish are piranha, and they are so good to eat.
You just have to eat a lot of them!
But they are so much fun to catch that we always came back
with enough to feed the whole crew.
In addition they are a beautiful fish.


The fish painting is one of 6 paintings I did on the boat,
I gave this one of an abstract piranha to Gino, the captain.
He was so much fun and really showed us a great time!
He took us so deep into the jungle Carl and I
knew we would never get out, and he would find
his way back to the boat after dark. AMAZNG!
Can't tell you how good the lights of the boat
looked coming back onto the river from one
of those lost in the jungle night trips!
He knew the river, the animals and most
important he really knew the river people.

On the top deck was one of my favorite places to paint.
The painting below I am painting in the photo below and
is taken from the photo below it.








No comments: