Thursday, July 24, 2008

GOOD MORNING COCHABAMBA

That is my Robin Williams impersonation.
Jody said I had to write something as soon as I got here and I do what my little girl says.

She says the Lord has guided us here. I don't know about that, he doesn't talk to me personally, haven't seen any burning bushes, etc., but this all came about as if it was planned by an authority much bigger than mine.

Within a week and a half I got the job, got a passport (it came in 5 days and was supposed to take 6 weeks), got a visa from the Bolivian 'Embassy in Houston, got airline tickets, and got here. Joeline and I put in for our passports at the same time and her's still has not arrived.

I couldn't figure out this blog thing in a week and a half, Jody had to set this up.
While I was typing this I got an email from Bridget. She says she's Nita's daughter but that's not possible as Nita is younger than me so I know she can't have a daughter in Korea. Probably some imposter.

Anyway, I am here. I go out to my school at 9. I will not be wasting your time with useless talk like this. I will write when I have something to say, but Jody made me do it this time.

Robert Pero picked me up at the airport. He is the acting director until I arrived. The first thing he asked was "Were are your golf clubs" Now this guy, I'm going to like. Thinks like Bill and me.

Love to all
Carl

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice view. Where's the Sun Bowl? Seriously, we're happy you are there safely and pray everything goes quickly and smoothly for Joeline so she may soon join you. Man, that's a lot of adverbs. Anyway, this is a great idea, so post often. I'll set up something similar and send the link once my odyssey begins. Hasta!

Anonymous said...

good job dad! you have this blog thing down!

Hope you have a great day.

Make sure you rest.

Jody

Anonymous said...

Glad you arrived safely, Carl.
Rick & Renea

Miriam R Crump said...

Beautiful view! Can't wait til I get a passport and Joeline gets there so I can come down and paint til we drop!!

Be careful roaming around. Guess you should have ordered one of those learn a language while you sleep tapes!!

Hope all is going well! Miriam
(One of Joeline's students)

Anonymous said...

Hey Carl! The imposter, Bridget, here. I love the pictures, it is beautiful there! I'm jealous, you get amazing food....i get Korean food. You always have to watch out or they'll sneak in octopus and that is NOT a nice surprise! Look forward to more posts.

Stay safe
Bridget