Saturday, March 6, 2010


As promised here are a few more pictures of the house. Notice all the Llama, Alpaca, and Vicuna furs. They are so beautiful and unbelievably soft. I am having a King size white Alpaca spread made for our bed, should be ready in May. I am using my Vicuna spread over a chair right now, you can see it in the picture of the bedroom. They will be coming home with me and I am sure I will enjoy them for many, many years.

Notice the views out all of the windows. At night the city lights are beautiful. They really like their fireworks here, so very often we are treated to a fireworks display. The sunsets are truly remarkable and I just can't resist taking picture, have more pictures now than I will ever be able to paint. However, each evening God just keeps creating a new photo opt.

We are so enjoying the yard, well I am. Carl has never enjoyed yard work, if he had his way we would live in a Patio Home with cement all around. Good news is, here we can afford a gardner and plants are very inexpensive, so I am in heaven.
The gardner comes on his bicycle, with his electric lawnmower strapped to the bicycle and his tools in a pack on his pack. He usually arrives at 7:00 in the morning and is done about 5:00. He is 66 years old and does not stop working until I bring him out, drinks, lunch, and some treats. Now remember he had no power tools except his lawnmower which is so small it cuts about a 12 inch wide path. Most of his work is done with a machete. Hard work and a long day all of 200 Bs. (about $30) and we way overpay what most people do. The really good news is, the yard is looking wonderful, I have 13 new rose bushes blooming like crazy, there are fresh bananas on the banana trees, the poinsettias are starting to bloom (these are trees and the whole top will be flaming red), and the cala lilies are long stemmed and pure white. Life is good in the Wieburg garden!

No comments: