Saturday, March 6, 2010

WOW, I WANT TO BE JUST LIKE THEM WHEN I GROW UP!!!!!! This precious couple we met on the street. He was walking his beautiful dog, and I just had to pet it, then conversation and next thing I knew we were invited up to his apt. to meet his wife. As it turns out they are professional ballroom dancers, she is American and he is Bolivian. He lived in the US for over 40 years and ran the Arthur Murray studio in D.C. and she was his dance partner. They later opened their own studio and were very successful. Once making a dance tour around the world. He actually taught Jackie Kennedy to ballroom dance before her husband's inauguration. He is 80 and in the pictures below we were celebrating her 75 birthday. Now let me tell you, can they dance! I am sure they are somewhat limited due to their age but as the pictures show, they hold nothing back. I would give anything to Tango as well as they do. As usual at any event we had a ball and met many new wonderful people. There is almost always some other expat there and as you can see Carl and Jon were so busy catching up on U.S. news, Bivivian and I had to do a lot of dancing on our own. Great evening!!!!

No comments: