Friday, August 1, 2008

A note from Joeline (the wife left behind)

Just a quick note to let you all know Carl now has a phone in the apartment and the school gave him a cell phone. He called tonight and as wonderful as it was to talk to him, we are going to continue to communicate via the Internet, web-cam and mic. The telephone calls cost about $1-$2 per min. His Internet, as Jody said is not connected at the apartment yet, seems things progress a little slower in Bolivia. Not that it is a bad thing, for those of you who know Carl personally he needs to slow down. He is like a 45 record in a 78 record world. Now I know there are many of you who have no idea what I am talking about, but hats off to those of you who do!!!!! He sounded very happy and excited at the challenge of a new school and getting everything ready for a new school year. Couldn't stop talking about the weather and how beautiful everything is. Said I would go crazy over all the fruit. Now being a California girl from the San Joaquin Valley, (Fruit Basket of the World) it all sounded like home to me. Only it will be the Andes instead of the Sierras. He said the air is crystal clear, evidently they don't have air pollution yet. Even though it is winter there, everything is still very green. Big farmers market every Sat. just down the street from our apt. Anxious to get there and sample the food. Carl says he has had some of the best meals he has ever eaten since he has been there. Now we have had some pretty good eats in our travels, and it is hard to beat our Texas friends, Gary and Cara's ribs, so the food must be great. He said one of the School Board members told him,
"Bolivians don't eat to live, they Live To Eat"! Think I will fit right in!

Here are Carl's phone numbers apt.591-444-87786 or his cell phone 591-722-45709

I will join Carl as soon as I sell the house, my retail business, my art gallery, and help deliver our son's first baby. I told Jody this afternoon, "I know I said this 18 years ago when we moved from our beloved ski resort home in Ariz. to Texas, (I was in the same situation) that I would never do this again". Well, I really mean it this time!!" Boy is Carl going to own me big time!!!!

No comments: