Tuesday, June 9, 2009


Squirrel Monkeys!

What wonderful fun little creatures.
It was lunch time and they came running from everywhere.

































This is a very tiny baby Squirrel monkey.  There was a
clearing in the sun with lots of fresh new growth that
they were eating.  It was the nursery.  I sat very still
for about 30 min. and they came out in the open and
were very comfortable.  Squarrel monkeys are very shy
and do not interact with humans in the wild.  I was
very careful, as I could feel the eyes of the mothers
watching me.  There were about 20 babies I counted
and I am sure there were more than that.  I did
not want 20 mad mother spider monkeys coming
down on me.

















How cute is that!  They are very tiny, about 4 inches tall.
They were just everywhere but would hide at the slightest
movement.



No comments: