Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Once again I have to come in behind Carl and tell the,
"rest of the story"!

For Christmas Carl gave me a new laptop computer. Big decision on PC or Apple. We are a divided family, my son is an Apple guy, nothing he doesn't know about computers. My son-in-law is an APPLE guy from day one. Carl is a die hard PC guy! Me, I just wanted a cute little pink one. Actually that is what my granddaughter got for Christmas! Anyway being the devoted wife who always values the wisdom and counsel of her wise husband, I got an APPLE! Now my computer has worked perfectly since arriving in Bolivia, while someone else has had many problems. Hence the excuse for no recent post to the blog! Of course if someone would learn to use the APPLE he could post!


Now in defence of Carl, he has been swamped. Hiring a new principle, all the details of the last days of school a science fair, a talent show, on and on. Plus he had Evita (our new little Maltese puppy) in the Vet's with IVs and me in the hospital with IVs for the last couple days. No big deal, just something the puppy ate that made her seriously sick, and my blood pressure just decided to go for a roller coaster ride. All is well now and everything back to normal. Well, Carl is a little worse for wear, but he is a really tough guy. Plus, we are so not alone here. Friends offering to help with whatever and bringing dinners in. It pays to be sick, great food.


I do want to comment on the hospitals, nurses, doctors and veterinarian. All excellent! Seriously, very modern facilities, up to date everything. Much better than when my brother broke his back in Mexico para sailing. The care was above excellent. Carl had to take Evita to the vet on Sat. and Sun., yes the vet. was open on Sun. Left her for a couple of days, lab work, med.s, and on and on, her bill was $30. There are things here that are different, some better, some worse, but the people here are well educated, care about their patients and work so hard! What amazes me is the different in the cost. We are in the process of getting Tomey Jean, Carl's sister down here for a knee transplant, just can't afford it in the states. I swear I am thinking of offering a Bed and Breakfast service for anyone who wants medical services down here to recuperate. Everyone here has a nose job or boob job. Well I certainly don't need either of those---------but if you do or anything else, I have a room for you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you crack me up.

What do I need to get while I am down there? Seriously thinking about getting Jordan into the dentist while we are there. She has 3 teeth that will not come out. They are going to charge $125 to pull each one! Maybe we will try a string and door first. jody

Anonymous said...

DO NOT TOUCH MY JORDAN'S TEETH! Have a great dentist down here, very reasonable and doesn't hurt at all. Seriously, I didn't even need the gas to get in the chair. He is just 2 blocks from the apt.

GG