Monday, March 30, 2009

As usual I have these stories in reverse.  Sooooo read the story about the kitten first.

Now for the second part of,
 "The Rest of the Story"

I have had a precious little white shadow at my side for over 15 years.  The first one was Cessie and then Lexie.  They both loved me more 
than I deserved and were two of the best friends I ever had.  Anyone who has had a dog, a really special dog knows that feeling.  Somehow dogs, only see the best in us. 

So being without my constant friend down here was an adjustment.  I looked all over Cochabamba for a Maltese.  For months I have looked, finally found one in a jewelry story, beautiful male, sitting right there on the counter just like mine used to do at the gallery and the store.  Big problem, the owner said that as far as she knew it was the only Maltese in Cochabamba, she was looking for a female to breed with.  So with Carl's help we searched Bolivia, none!  Groomers and Vet.'s just said, "No Maltesa dentro Bolivia"!  

So again with Carl's help we found Evita?  She is from Buenos Aries.   From a wonderful kennel whose owner has specialized in Maltese, showing and breeding for years.  Her daddy is a grand champion and beautiful.  Her mother is also a champion and is owned by the breeder also.

Carl took care of everything and even planned a wonderful trip to Buenos Aries for us.  How lucky have I been to have a husband who loves me as much as my dogs do, he only sees the 
best in me. This South America thing has just  been way too much fun!  What a wonderful time we are having.  Really would love for ya'll (that is Texan, still have it) to come down for a visit.  It really is an interesting country with  wonderful, friendly, very diverse people.  Very different than I expected.  Can't wait to explore more of the South American countries!  When Jody and the kids come down we have some interesting trips to take with them.  Can't wait to let the kids see a whole new part of the world.  So glad we are going to be able to share the experience with them.

As you can see, Evita is just too cute and I know will love her new amigo, Tango.
   
Meet Evita, I am sure there is attitude behind that sweet face!
















 This is the father, is he not beautiful!                      

2 comments:

Rick said...

Joeline--I'm locked out of facebook at school, so I thought I would reply hear. After hearing yours and others tales of "wardrobe malfunctions" I don't feel quite so bad. Thank you! By the way, my friends are really impressed that I know people in Bolivia!

Anonymous said...

Well we are leaving for Argentina in the morning, so you can tell them you know people in Argentina also. However, I think they would be more impressed if you could say Monico or something a little more exotic!

Jo