Monday, March 30, 2009

OK. as usual I have to come in behind Carl and tell,
"The Rest of the Story"



First, the Kitten! We were at this wonderful Birthday Luncheon. I mean wonderful. Backyard decorated to the "T", white tents, round tables layered with multiple lavender table cloths, beautiful rose bud centerpieces, sushi appetizers, champagne toast, fillet Mignon, etc buffet, and a live band to top it off. It was great! Anyway, back to the story. I met this guest, Christina who was from Austria, she is married to a Pakistani man who travels all over the world. He is a Persian rug dealer. They live here in Bolivia and Christina had a litter of Angora kittens. Having just negotiated a Maltese puppy and a trip to Argentina to get it, I instinctively knew my negotiation skills had been used up. When we got home I mentioned how interesting my new friend Christina was and Carl, all on his own said, "I can't believe you didn't want that kitten". I then mentioned it would be nice for Evita, the name I have given my new puppy, to have a little friend to play with. What did he think? Carl then all on his own said, "Call Christina and see if she still has the kitten". Needless to say 2 hours later the kitten is exploring its new home. The pictures I think will illustrate the immediate bonding between Carl and the new kitten, whose name is "Tango". Get it, Argentina-Evita, Tango!

No comments: