Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Since we are talking animals, I thought you might get a kick out of how most people down here get their pets.  I have only seen one real pet store, very little inventory with only 2 puppies and several nice.  

I had prepared myself for lots of street dogs and had been warned not to pet any.   There is a world wide shortage of rabies vaccine.  Even though recommended we were not able to get a vaccine before we left the states.  Being a bleeding heart about animals I had thoughts of dragging dogs home.  However, the dogs down here, even the street dogs are very healthy, very smart (look both ways before they cross the street) and as a whole are well cared for and respected.

At the stadium,  about 5 blocks from our apt. everyone who has a dog to sell, pet accessories, is a Vet., or any pet for that matter takes their business to the sidewalk in front of the stadium.  It is like a carnival, they sell food, cotton candy, plants, live fish, rabbits, and birds.  But no exotics which I did expect.  It is just crazy and lots and lots of people.  The really impressive thing is the quality of animals they are selling, some of the most beautiful German Shepards I have ever seen.  Lots of different breeds and all healthy.  BUT NO MALTESE!  















Now this is a street dog, he was not hungry, 
as he turned down a cheese puff.  They 
are not aggressive or afraid.  They just
pretty much take care of themselves 
and for the most part ignore people.

Two peas in a pod.













Some sellers just
 bring them in
 cardboard boxes.











English Bulldog, this is the
Pappa, the baby is behind
him.  They were beautiful!













The Vet.





























Carl eats these, not me.I don't even like eggs in
the states, these have beensitting here awhile.
Everyone else loves them.
Look at the size of the roast.

Birds, parrots, (they fly
around wild here) in the
box are nice.  Now why
would you buy a mouse!!














Is he not
best looking
hunk you've
seen !



















Pet supplies!








Look at these
babies!  Lots 
of really good
looking Yorkies!
NO MALTESE!























Now this was the greatest rabbit!!!!
Angora, it would have made a great coat!!

NO, I AM JUST KIDDING!
It would take way more than just this
one rabbit.
He was darling!
                                                                                  
Now is this cute or what, you would have to buy both!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think living down there has been great for you guys. You both look years younger!!

Anonymous said...

What great looking animals! I mean really. I don't see animals that healthy at pet smart!
Jody

Anonymous said...

WOW, I just read the "year's younger" comment. I DID NOT SAY THAT! I know whoever did meant well but MAN do they not know you mother!

Anonymous said...

Hee Hee Hee :)

(BTW - comment stranger - I agree)

Jody