Sunday, April 12, 2009

This outdoor artisan
market wound around
this park for miles.
Beautiful items for
sale. The park was
lined with wonderful
restaurants with out-
door seating. We had
a wonderful lunch and
while I took Evita for
a walk Carl went to pay
the bill. This is were
the ideal day went
astray!



















Do I look a little lost, perhaps looking for someone?

Somehow I went left and Carl went right as we left the restaurant. Now we are in a huge park full of vendors and literally thousands of people. This was the first day, I had just picked up Evita, and to say the least had no idea where I was, except to say I did know I was in Buenos Aries.

For you to really understand my situation, I should explain how Carl and I travel. He does the planning, researches what we are going to do, puts together the agenda, makes all reservations, everything. I don't want to know anything except when we are leaving, how long we will be gone. Maybe an idea of the weather, but I usually take enough clothes to cover any situation, so that is really not even a need to know. It is a perfect arrangement for us, he likes to take charge and I like to be taken care of. I don't carry the tickets and usually don't even carry any money, when we shop, I pick it out and he pays. Works for me!

So on this particular day when Carl and I get separated, understanding our travel arrangement, you are not surprised when I tell you I had no idea where I was except to say I knew I was in Buenos Aries. I did not know the name of our Bed & Breakfast, least of all the address. I did not know the name, phone number or address of one single person in the city or the country for that matter. Of course I had no money! I did have my new puppy and a small bag of dog food in my purse so I knew we would both eat for a while. Now, for the first 30 min.s I was not too concerned, I figured if I stay in one place he would eventually find me, that is of course assuming he was looking for me. Thus the rest of the story! I wait another good 30 min.s, during which time I will admit I was scoping out some street corners that looked workable, when the only blond haired, blue eyed person in the whole park comes into view, wearing a sheepish look on his face. Now I though he would be mad at me for getting lost and using up time throwing us off our agendas time line, but NO he was surprisingly sweet, wanting to know if I was OK. Well, bells went off and as I wormed out of him how we got separated I find out he has been in a tourist office visiting with a very good looking Argentine beauty (they don't win Miss Universe for nothing) who was selling him all kinds of tickets to different shows. I did enjoy the shows he had bough tickets for, I did enjoy him trying to make up to me the stress he had caused me even more - hee hee

No comments: