Thursday, October 9, 2008

I had been working in my office since 6:15 a.m. and got sick of it. So, I got a coke and a snack from the cafeteria and went outside to sit under the trees.
Wordsworth might be able to put the scene into perspective, but I am not a Wordsworth, so let me just say it was beautiful.
Sun was shining. Somewhere around 80 degrees - it's always around 80 degrees here. I was absentmindesly looking into the trees when I suddenly realized that there were dozens of different kinds of birds.
Three types really caught my eye. There were, what I would call canaries. Little yellow dudes that look just like the ones in pet shops. Dozens of what looked like large humming birds. About 6 inches long, same long beak for flowers, and same incredibly rapid wing movements, but these would stop their gathering and sit on brances for a few seconds.
But, most amazingly there were two - at least I only saw two - pocket Parrots. Small parrots, but parrots just the same.
Course there are doves all over the school all the time.
Nice little break from paperwork.

No comments: