Sunday, October 19, 2008

Last Sunday I was tired of staying close, so decided to take a drive. I ended up driving for about four hours. I was going no where in particular, just driving up in the Andes.
I ended up on a dirt road skirting the foot of the mountains, sometimes dirt, sometimes cobblestones. Eventually I decided to go to the Brewery. It took a while and when I found it, it was closed. The guard did tell me of a restaurant that was open.
The pictures are from the restaurant. Again, I put the pics in reverse order, but here is an explanation.
First is my appetizers, fantastic salad, but some kind of beans I could do without. Like huge lima's, I don't even like small lima's. Notice the one piece of bread? What a joke, I kept having the waiter bring me more and he would bring me one more. Finally he brought me a basket of six and I ate all of them. Amazing bread.
For the main course I ordered Loma, which is Filet Mignon. Interesting presentation. At the bottom is rice, then french fries, then on top of that 2 sunny side up eggs, then onions.

Very good and hardly any chlorestoral! (Right?)

If you look closely at the views, you will see the statue - as a little white dot on the top of one of the hills. Gives you an idea of the size of this valley and city. The one pic that makes the statue look closer is with a 10X zoom.

In one pic it looks like the restaurant is empty - that is because the outside tables filled up first, by the time I left the place was full.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be careful where you are "wandering" off to. Don't want you driving off the Andes.

Jody