Sunday, October 19, 2008

It's been 10 days since I posted anything and I am getting some nasty emails from my family. So, although nothing exciting is happening, here goes.

When I was in High School, in World History, we spent about thirty minutes studying Machu Pichu. I have no idea why, but that place has intrigued me since that time,and how long ago was that? 20 years? OK, OK, more like 48, so what.

Anyway, for some reason MP has always been number 1 on my Bucket List. I know, most people would say, Rome, or Greece, or Paris - but for me, Machu Pichu is it. A teacher of mine here, just came back from there. She said it was simply amazing - which I knew, but she told me something more important. In January, so she was told, they will be closing the place forever. Tourists will still be able to go to the site, but not allowed inside the actual ruins. Kind of like going to the Pyramids in Egypt, but only being able to look from a distance - might as well watch from tv.

So, it is now or never for me. I purchased my plane ticket from here to LaPaz. Then another ticket from LaPaz to Cuzco, Peru. From there you walk for hours, or take a train or bus. My time is short, so I have to take the train.

How many of you are going to see the #1 thing on your Bucket List? I really do feel blessed. I know what Joeline's #1 thing is. If you know Joeline you can probably guess - that's right, she wants to see the Crown Jewels of England. Actually she probably wants to try them on, but doubt that we can get that done. But, our next trip will have to be to England, although other than the Jewels I can't think of any other reason to go there - it's certainly not for the food (kidney pie?)

Don't know what my #2 is, probably Rome or Paris
How about writing a comment as to what your #1 and #2 are. I am very curious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok, my #1 has always been Greece. Don't know if it is because of your reading all those greek mythology stories or seeing the wonderful pics of Grandma Jarretts trips. Plus I just can't imagine anything more beautiful than all those white building and that BLUE water. And the food!!! Wine, bread, olives, cheese, does it get any better.

I am so happy for you dad!
Jody