Sunday, October 19, 2008

I have been here for about three months and haven't seen any dancing. There is a place called Regelleta where there are 6 or 7 good restaurants together with a number of bars. I have eaten at most of the restaurants, my favorite is there, at one of the bars there is a sign that advertises a band that plays 70-80's American music. I have never been there late enough but last night thought I would give it a try.
I talked to Joeline on the internet until 9:30 and then left to check the place out. I got in the bar at about 9:45 and asked the waiter what time the band started. He said 11. Way past my bedtime. I nursed one drink for 45 minutes and then decided there was no way I was sitting there till 11.

I left to go grab a taxi, but then remembered that there was a very good place to get a good coffee only three blocks away. I went there, had a coffee and amaretto, talked to the owner and her husband and finally left there a little after 11. I was feeling a little more awake so I walked back to the bar. It was 11:30 by the time I got there, and gues what? The band had not even set up yet. Again, Bolivian time. Eleven meant sometime after midnight. That is when the band STARTS. I went back to the apt. and played poker until 2.

Moral of story is, you do not even go out to party here until after midnight. I am a slow learner.

The first two pics are of a couple of the restaurants last night. The third is the traffic at 11:30 as I was getting a taxi to come home.

The last is a billboard on the street. I keep telling Joeline that the billboards here are almost XX. Thought I would show her an example of one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mom has been complaining about not dancing. You are going to have to go home go to bed and then get up at midnight to go out.

Sounds like you are eating well though. I reminds me so much of Mexico.

Jody