Thursday, January 29, 2009

A few years ago Carl took me to New York for Thanksgiving.  There I fell in love with this wonderful RED COAT!  Needless to say it followed me home.  Now there are lots of stories about this Red Coat (none of which include a grandmother's house or a big bad wolf) mostly just about what a show stopper it is.  Seems no matter where we are someone always stops to say something about the coat.  Once just walking down the sidewalk in Santa Fe, NM a woman made her husband drive around the block so she could ask me where I had purchased my coat. When I told them New York, the husband said, "Thank God, this trip has already cost me a fortune, and he drove off  with haste"!  It has gotten to be a running joke.  Now Jody insisted the Red Coat should not come to Bolivia.   It seemed a little over the top for a poor country. She said,   "it would be rude".   She,  of course would be glad to store it at her house for me. Jordan insisted I leave it with her for safe keeping, because  as she said, "you can't trust mommy".  This is from the child who steals my shoes.   Well, as you can see from the pictures below,  the Red Coat went to Atlanta to meet Carl when he came home for Christmas!  The second is the Red Coat at the Cochabamba airport, no worse for wear.  Somehow it managed to follow me to Bolivia also!!!


No comments: