Thursday, January 22, 2009

Now we have had some benchmark parties in our time. In fact, I would go so far as to say we are known for our parties. Maybe not always in a good way, but people have heard of them. In fact our annual Christmas parties are rated on a scale of 1 - 4 for fires, (4 fires being the best rating). Especially if one of the fires is an actual guest. One of our parties, the Poor White Trash party, even caused a new neighbor to move. We didn't like him anyway, but you get the idea.

SOOOO, of course one of my first objectives once arriving in Cochabama was to have a party. Carl handed the invitations out at school and I was in a whirlwind of activities getting the small gathering (50-100) organized. Much to my irritation at being interrupted, I get a call from Carl telling me to stop, we are about to be arrested. Seems there is a Bolivian law that you cannot have a gathering of people within 48 hours of an election. Seems someone in the gov. planned an election to extend the current President's term. Now I am sure he is a very nice man and wouldn't mind just postponing his election by 1 week. I have already gone to a lot of work and I don't want people disappointed. I am just having a terrible time reading the phone book to find out who to call about their scheduling mistake! The phone book is all in Spanish, can't find the English section!

These pictures are of our going away party at the Concho Christmas Tree Farm. To see more pictures, (they are great) go to Water Family blog. The party had a Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid theme, they even showed up. Of course there was a little game of Texas Hold'm, some western dancing, showed the movie on the side of a barn, and a wonderful warm fire outdoors to roast marshmellows. Just a tad of Corona and wine, by all standards a great Texas send off. Access to the left on this blog.


No comments: