Monday, January 19, 2009

The Rest of the Story

Let me clarify some of the (shall we call it "color") in Carl's post. Everything was pretty accurate, except he didn't say how wonderful Christmas and New Years really were. Very special family time, and thanks again to all who really went out of their way to join us. Special Thank You to Tomey & Jana, for their home and Jody and Bill for helping to entertain all of us. It reminded me of a special Christmas at our home in the mountains with the wonderful snow and many of the same people and some who are no longer with us. This too was just as special, but we had sand and the ocean this time. Our friends in San Angelo gave us a gun point send off at New Years. Another benchmark party, get Jody and some of my friends on the planning committee and they can put Martha Stewart to hang'n her head in shame! What a send off.
Now moving on to some more clarifying of Carl Color. The real reason I have not posted anything on the blog is because it is Carl's blog and he could not remember his password or user ID. However, in fairness to his tasteless comment about my spending time in the bathroom, I have been there a little more than usual. He has too, but not because of Bolivia! We had dinner the other night at a Chinese restaurrant and it did not settle well. So blame the Chinese not Bolivia!

Pretty much everything here has surprisingly been better than Carl had told me, or what my expectations were. It is cleaner than Mexico, no trash on the streets or parks. Speaking of parks, every other block has a park with a water fountain of some kind. The Prada downtown is a tree lined double street with beautiful trees and flowers and again more fountains.

Now to more truth, the other reason we haven't been posting is as Carl said we lost the camera cord that connects to the computers. Neither of our camera sticks will load into our computers. I am a firm believer in one picture is worth a thousand words, and being basically a lazy person, I plan to wait for the cord, saves me typing. Plus, I believe that most of our readers would rather look at one picture than read a thousand words also. Oh, and don't even say or think it, (just go get another cord). There are no Best Buy, Radio Shack, Office Depot, etc here. However, I did see a Curves (can you believe that). Even in Bolivia I am haunted with getting in shape. Nothing is easy or happens quickly here, which lends to much of Bolivia's charm and aggravation! It is one of the most beautiful places I have been, with air that just feels good when it touches your skin. It is also one of the least tourist affected places I have ever seen. You don't see other tourists or ads to get your tourist dollars. You are truly treated as a guest not a tourist. That could also be due to Carl's position as Director of Colegio Calvert. Everywhere we go we are stopped and greeted, everyone seems to know him. Makes you wonder doesn't it? They hold the school in very high regard here. Extremely nice to be asociated with a school so well thought of.

So lots to tell and show you, and I promise in the near future Carl or I will post more with pictures. As a preview, up-coming features will tell of dinner with a monkey and parrots, baby in a cardboard box with a plastic bag for a toy, and a pet flea market (no pun intended) you would not believe!!!

So "Buenas Tardes" for now. I am going to the bathroom, (fooled you) to take a long hot bath in my jacuzzi tub!

Jo

No comments: