Saturday, January 17, 2009

Hello again. As most of you know, I was in Atlanta in early December to make a presentation at the Latin American Conference on Schools and Colleges.
Joeline flew to meet me there and we had a "ball". But, man was it cold there - and expensive.
It cost me 10B's ($1.45) to ride from my apartment to the airport in Cochabamba. In Atlanta it was $60 to ride the taxi from the airport to our hotel - and it was a shorter ride.
Then, I spent the next three weeks in San Angelo and Corpus, visiting with the kids, grandkids, and relatives who came to see us during Christmas - fantastic time. Nell flew from California, Donald and Juanita drove from Arkansas, Tomey Jean drove from El Paso and Pat from Oklahoma.
If you click on Waters Family - which is on the right of this page - you can see all the pictures. It was really nice of them to show up.

Joeline and I have been back in Cochabamba since Jan. 5. I have been swamped at work getting the new Semester started after being gone for a month. Joeline is, well, I will let her tell her story - if she can get out of the bathroom long enough to type.
There are no pictures because somewhere during the trip I lost the cord that goes from the camera to the computer. Not an easy thing to replace in Bolivia. As soon as I can get one, we will start downloading.

How did the presentation in Atlanta go? Everyone is asking this, so let me give you one answer and you figure it out.

Near the end of the conference, Joeline and I were at the front desk getting something, and the President of the South American Delegation came up to check out. He had heard my presentation and introduced himself to us. His comment was, and I quote: "I have been in SACS (Southern American Colleges and Schools) for many years and I have to say that yours was the most "interesting" presentation I have ever heard."
Now, notice that he did not say "Best", or "Most Professional", etc., but used the adjective "interesting". Maybe it had something to do with the fact that in a room full of Latin and South American Professional Educators who are there for a very serious Conference, I spent 30 of my 45 minute presentation telling a somewhat "exaggerated" bear story.

Later guys

1 comment:

*Waters Family* said...

Well, at least they now know the real you. If they wanted serious they picked the wrong guy. You are all about the fun and story teling.

GLAD to finally see something up here. Now it is mom's turn. Everyone is asking how she is doing. If she does not post soon there is going to be trouble.

Love and miss you both so much!
Jody