Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Just a quick note about the Dogs of Cochamba.  When we first came down here I was warned by Carl to be careful.  There are stay dogs everywhere and he ordered me "not to pet them".  I have a habit of petting every dog I see, never been bit, I just like dogs and they like me.  I was a little worried,  afraid I would be dragging every skinny, hungry stay home with me, and you can only hide so many dogs in an apt.   Well, let me tell you about the Dogs of Cochamba, they are the healthiest, smartest dogs I have ever seen.  Completely independent, have their own little world they live in and folks it is not a bad world.  Now the traffic down here is unbelievable and pedestrians have no right of way, none, nada, you will get hit.  Needless to say the dogs are even lower on that pecking lever.   Never have I seen a road kill dog, none.  I started watching them, they look both ways before crossing the road, read the traffic and cross safely.  Now when I want to cross the street, I find a stray and follow him thru the traffic!  I have never felt safer crossing the street.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are too funny.... I can totally see you followind dogs across the street.

Thats my mom!

Jody