Tuesday, February 10, 2009

This is my precious Lexi.  What a fun, happy dog she is.  We wanted to bring her to Cochabamba with us and were proceeding with the plans, shots, health cert. an international micro chip, etc.  Every question caused us to have more reservations about the whole process, when a dear friend lost her little Maltese, her constant companion of 15 years.  Well as Jody said, "it was a God thing" and we both agreed that Susie need Lexi and we were just to uncomfortable with the process of bringing her to Bolivia.
Well since traveling down here, I think it would have been fine, but we are still happy Lexi is living the really good life Susie is providing her and glad she is there for Susie.  However, I still have been going thru withdrawal for a Maltese.  Have looked everywhere and asked everywhere and could not find one Maltese or even anyone who knew of any.  They just told us they are not in Bolivia.  Had truly given up hope.  There are lots of other breeds, a friend down here just bought a beautiful Eng. Bulldog.  People really love their dogs here. WELL,  tonight we were just walking around going in and out of shops and in a jewelry store sitting right in the middle of the counter "just as Cessie and Lexi used to do at my store"  was a beautiful Maltese.  Beautiful white hair to the ground, top knot all tied up in a bow.  I really thought I was hallucinating!!!  Carl was just standing there laugting.  Well this precious little Matlesse's owner could not speak English and of course again I speak nada Spanish, but you get two women  Matlese owners together and no language is needed.  She is going to make some calls for me tomorrow and we are on a quest to find her little Meho a girlfriend and me a new companion.  We want little nietos and nietas together.  It was just so great to see a Maltese, they certainly stay true to their breed wherever they are.  As I went to give this lady a hug and kiss goodbye, because  now we are not only best friends but related, her little precious growled at me for touching his mamma!  You just have to love them!

No comments: