Tuesday, February 10, 2009


T
This darling lady (June) is one of my new Cochabamba friends.  She is from Oka. and her husband who I am dancing with is Bolivian.  Great couple.  When Carl first arrived in Cochabamba, he spied a bake sale and being a cookie  lover he immediately stopped, bought cookies and became acquainted with the English speaking ladies.  June, e-mailed me in the stated and invited me to the Cochabamba Women's Club meeting as soon as I arrived.  This resulted in  my joining the club, a walking group 3 times a week, a book club, finding an English speaking church.  The walking is wonderful, I am gaining too much weight here.  They walk all over this huge town depending on what shopping is needed, but usually end up on the main plaza down town at the most wonderful little Coffee Cafe for coffee.  They have really been wonderful to me and a great help to tell me where to find things and what to look out for.  They are this wonderful eclectic mix from London, Jan Jose, Okla., Hawaii, Canada, and Texas.  This whole adventure has been so much fun, I keep asking Carl if I have a terminal disease and these are my last days he is trying to make special for me.  

No comments: